A: There is a wide variety of evaluation components. We can do any of these components, or all of them for a comprehensive battery. Evaluations may include....
* Classroom observations--ever wonder how your child behaves in class? Is he focused? Does he participate?
* IQ testing--what is your child's ability level?
* Cognitive testing--How does your child learn and think? How are his short-term and long-term memory? How does he process visual information and auditory information?
* Reading skills--Does your child struggle with decoding words? Can he decode but not comprehend what he reads? How is his fluency?
* Math skills--what are his strengths and weaknesses? Is he on grade-level?
* Writing skills--How are his spelling skills? How are his written expression skills?
* Rating scales (teacher, parent, and/or self-reports)--Does your child struggle with emotional issues? Does he have ADHD? How are his social and adaptive skills?
If you have questions, call Dr. Bell for a consultation (843) 810-9202